Wednesday 30 December 2009

Best Wishes to all for 2010

I wish you all, all the best for 2010. For me there are new very exciting Hawk and Owl Trust projects starting. The Long eared Owl project will begin in January and sees' me out most nights looking for this rare Owl from Cornwall to Gloucester. The Barn Owl work will also be exciting as we return to old sites, seeing old friends and chewing the fat with farmers over what could be a major decline taking place in some localised areas, more to follow on this throughout the year. Little Owls will also feature heavily for me 2010. For those that follow the blog regularly will know that Little Owls we have released as re-habed birds have established themselves well in areas were they have been missing for sometime. This year (crossed fingers) I will be placing a camera into the nest of one these new pairs and carrying out some close monitoring of these birds. Also from April a new Schools education project starts, this is working with North Somerset District Council. I have been asked to review more camera equipment during 2010 and there are now some great publications that want my articles. There are many talks I do on varying subjects go to http://www.chrissperring.com/ to see the current list then book through my e mail.

Hope to see as many of you as possible through 2010 at various events or lectures.

BFN and have a great New Year

No comments: