Thursday 17 September 2009

BBC Radio 4 Severn Estuary Programme in the Nature series

Many thanks to all those that have sent comments about the programme last night.
What is heartening is that 2 different people mentioned they would never call Herring Gull pest again, as I have always said today's pest species can easily be tomorrows scarcity, and how many species is that happening with at the moment, and yes I do mean here in the U.K.
So sorry to hear from those of you who missed the programme, well for a short period at least you can listen again to the programme at this website http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mkbys so no excuses now.
For production questions please go and talk to Mary Colwell at her own blog site http://marycolwell.blogspot.com/
Mary is a top Radio and TV producer as you can see by all the awards she has won, I just do the talking.
Thanks again and keep the comments coming.

3 comments:

Gaina said...

I listened to your program on the BBCi player this afternoon. Very enjoyable! I wouldn't mind having a mooch on Steep Holm (or 'The Mystic Hedgehog' as I like to call it), but I strongly suspect the word 'Steep' on the title means it's not exactly wheelchair friendly :P.

Chris Sperring said...

Hi Gaina.

Thanks for the comments on the programme. I have just looked at the Steep Holm website here is a link to the section on why access is difficult http://www.steepholm.org.uk/index.php?page=getting_to_steep_holm&section=limitations#lpage

Gaina said...

Thanks Chris :). I'd be quite happy to sit on the beach, I'm sure there's plenty to look at there. Some sarnie's, a pair of binoculars and bobs' your uncle :).

...oh yeah, and *above* the tide line would be good. Once had a hairy moment on the beach at Blyth that I'm not keen to repeat :P.