Wednesday 22 October 2008

World On the Move "Hatched in the USA"


Well how many of you heard me on World On the Move BBC Radio 4 Tuesday, "you mean you missed it" Baa! well go and listen again http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/worldonthemove/reports/american-vagrants/
For my part in this weeks programme I was interviewing a man who had discovered a British first and that was the Alder Flycatcher, this relative of the spotted Flycatcher had flown all the way from the U.S.A to Cornwall in South West England. They say its been a great year for U.S.A birds in England, and of course many bird watchers have been flocking in to see species like, the American Buff Bellied Pipit, Red Eyed Viro, American Wigeon and most amazingly the American Nighthawk. I did a live piece from a location on the coast, about 1 mile from Lands End. That was intermixed with the interviews which was recorded the day before. I really do enjoy doing the live pieces, gets the adrenalin going, and allows for some good atmosphere and real creativity.
Have a listen to the programme and tell me what you think, oh and so you are all forewarned. I'm on next week reporting again for world on the move BBC Radio 4, so no excuses not to listen to it and do send me some feedback. Don't forget to go to the World On The Move website http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/worldonthemove/ and see whats going on.

No comments: